These Paleo Spinach and Sweet Potato Muffins are gluten-free, dairy-free, and sweetened only with the delicious sweetness of maple syrup, medjool dates, applesauce, and banana. The organic green banana flour also gives these muffins a sweet, earthy taste.
Each of these yummy muffins contains over two tablespoons of packed spinach, over one tablespoon of sweet potato, and less than two teaspoons of maple syrup per muffin.
Edited: I have since added 6 medjool dates to this recipe, making them just a tad sweeter.
I think you’ll find these Paleo Spinach and Sweet Potato Muffins are the perfect snack when you feel like something sweet, filling, and just the right amount of healthy. Enjoy!
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup sweet potato, steamed and mashed
- ½ cup applesauce
- 6 medjool dates, pits removed
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup organic green banana flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Peel, cut, and steam one medium sweet potato for approximately 20 minutes. Mash with a fork and set aside to cool. Measure out approximately 1 cup for use in recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the spinach, mashed sweet potato, applesauce, medjool dates, eggs, banana, maple syrup, avocado oil, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, stir together the green banana flour, cinnamon, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the contents from the blender into the bowl and stir.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the prepared muffin liners. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely on cooling rack before eating.
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this post are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase from these links. I have used all of the products I link and recommend them because they are helpful and from companies I trust, not because I may receive a commission.